The UK P&I Club is one of the oldest P&I clubs in the world. The Club provides protection and indemnity insurance in respect of third party liabilities and expenses arising from owning or operating ships as principals. Insuring over 144 million gross tonnes of mutual owned net tonnage from 50 countries and supporting claims in over 350 ports worldwide, the UK P&I Club sets the standard for insurance and claims handling for shipowners and charterers across the globe.
Protecting shipowners and charterers worldwide
UK P&I Club cover includes third party liability insurance to protect against potential claims for damage or compensation in respect of personal injury (crew members, stevedores, passengers and others), to cargo liabilities, loss of personal effects and property (other than cargo), diversion expenses, collision liabilities, wreck liabilities, fines and legal costs.
- Protection & indemnity insurance for all types of ocean-going ships in all sectors and markets
- 24/7 worldwide claims support
- Helping clients to manage operational and compliance risk and protect themselves from financial and reputational harm
- Providing expert independent advice and guidance for shipowners, masters and managers on many subjects including loss prevention.
- Representing the industry in the development of regulation, standards and services