Michael Pellegrini is the North American Marine Practice Leader for Marsh Specialty servicing clients in the United States and Canada. North American Marine is focused on bringing market-leading solutions to clients in the Cargo, Marine Industry, Logistics and Transportation sectors. As an advisor, Michael specializes on servicing and designing tailored cargo and stock throughput programs for the pharmaceutical/biotech, high-tech, retail/wholesale and food/beverage sectors.
Michael joined Marsh in 2002 and spending entire career as part of the Global Marine Practice. At Marsh, Michael has focused on bringing his clients proprietary product offerings to enhance their insurance coverage for inventory exposure in transit, storage, and during processing. During his career, Michael has introduced cutting-edge manuscript cargo stock throughput policy forms for the biotechnology, winery and food/beverage distribution sectors. He has strong relationships with marine insurance carriers in both the United States and the United Kingdom.
• BS in commerce and finance, University of Santa Clara, California
• MBA with emphasis in management, University of San Francisco
• Member, Association of Marine Underwriters
• Board of Directors, Salesian Boys’ and Girls’ Club of San Francisco
• Licensed as Property/Casualty Agent/Broker in 50 states including Surplus Lines
• Associate in Risk Management (ARM) and Associate in Insurance Services (AIS)
• 2008 Marsh Global Chairman’s Award Winner
• 2009, 2010 and 2015 Power Broker, Risk & Insurance Magazine
• 2013 Forty under 40 Western Region Broker Leader, Business Insurance Magazine